Looking for how to update or upgrade your Samsung andriod smart phones, you are at the right place , search no more.
Are you a user of Samsung, now you will know Samsung better after reading this article.
How to update or upgrade any Samsung devices
- all Samsung devices are eligible to on air updates by getting notifications when the updates is avalible.
- You can simply do it yourself by going to the phone settings, and select software update , allow your device to search for new updates and download it.
What if my device fails in these 2 examples , what will I do
Yes at times Samsung are bit crazy about there mobile users , if your devices did not push notifications of updates to you , I rather called it a bad phone product that is not from Samsung company . Here is what to do
- Make sure the same phone has new version of Android and why you didn't get the update is because you didn't receive it.
- Now with your phone model go to sammobile or Google it by searching for your phone version for the latest update.
Finally I found my phone new update online what will I do
Congrat your device updates is found, all you will do is to download it, it is also called firmware. Download it and follow these steps to install it to your Samsung device.
- Get a PC
- Download odin by searching it on Google, after downloading extract the file.
- Copy your phone update that you downloaded to your PC.
- Turn of your phone
- Hold power button and volume down to boot into download by pressing volume up after you have pass the first steps by holding power button + volume down.
- Connect your device to your PC using a cable wire.
- Open the ODIN and run it, it will indicate a sign that your phone is connected. That's the ID: COM color Wil change.
- Click on AP to will brings where you will select the file that you copied to your PC which is the new updates. Select the .md5 that is inside that folder. It will bring you back to the odin interface and you will see the file that you select .
- Leave everything the way it is in your Odin.
- Now click on start for the update to starts
- Don't interrupt the process.
- Congrats you have successfully learnt how to update your Samsung phone without waiting for Samsung over the air updates.
Wow what if after searching yet I didn't found any updates about my phone, what will I do.
Yes it is possible, I have studied Samsung for 4 years now, and they has bad egg when it comes in releasing updates to there old phones.
When ever Samsung releases a new phone , it started counting that Day.
First Samsung don't push updates to any of there devices more than twice.
Second any phone that is more than 3 years from the date of releasing the phone , the phone will not receive any other updates from Samsung.
Now what to do is to download third party updates which is called CUSTOM ROM OR CUSTOM FIRMWARE
Ned a beer we will discuss thisin next article .
If this post help, kindly share it.
Be first to comment