As the Burial of the popular prophet is going on in Lagos, there was a fire outbreak at the Synagogue Church of All Nations located in the Ikotun area of Lagos State on Monday night.
Reports have it that the fire, which gutted a store house in the church’s premises, started around 11 pm.
The fire incident happened on the night of the candle procession in honour of the late founder of the Church, Prophet Temitope Joshua popularly called T.B Joshua.
Members of the church, who had attended the night of tributes and candlelight procession in his honour, were seen scampering to safety during the fire incident.
It was learnt that firefighters arrived at the scene of the fire incident around 12:19 am on Tuesday.
An eyewitness said the fire had been put out before the arrival of the fire service.
“An electrical spark at the control room caused the fire. It happened after the candlelight procession,” he added.
The church confirmed the fire incident in a press statement, saying there was no casualty.
The statement read, “In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a storehouse within The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations complex.
“The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
“As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The SCOAN has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on the ground at the time of the incident.
“We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled.”