Former Al Nassr manager Raul Caneda, a Galician, has insisted that he would not be surprised if Paris Saint-Germain’s Lionel Messi got a more extensive money offer than his Portuguese rival, Cristiano Ronaldo, to move to Saudi Arabia in the near future.
Caneda also claimed that the signing of Ronaldo by Al-Nassr was just the beginning.
The 53-year-old Spaniard has managed two of the most important teams in Saudi Arabia: Al Ittihad (2012–13) and Al Nassr (2014–16).
Recall that Al-Nassr made a staggering €200 million move for Ronaldo a few days ago.
Speaking of Saudi Arabia’s ambitions in football, among other topics, Caneda said via Diario AS: “I wouldn’t be surprised if they have offered more money to Lionel Messi, or if they begin to invest a lot of money in other of the most important footballers in the European leagues.”
He added: “The Cristiano thing can be a warning: Al-Nassr’s rivals will also want their share of the cake from him." It is evident that in Arabia, the state wants to aspire to great things and is not going to stop at Ronaldo. "They have bought Newcastle and want to boost their league to the extreme, to put it among the ten best championships in the world.”
Ojo Sunday Victor, A Professional Graphics Designer, and a skilled Content Writer in Entertainment, News and Sport Update.!An Undergraduate in Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH, Ogbomoso). Read More
Manchester City star, Ederson has said that he was shocked over Brazil’s decision to snub Liverpool’s Alisson.Alisson is Ederson’s rival for the Brazil goalkeeper spot but was not called up by his country for the March international break.Brazil will play a friendly match against Morocco on Saturday, which will be their only game during this international break.Interim coach Ramon Menezes revealed his 23-man squad for the fixture earlier this month.There were many s...
Former Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger has said that he was surprised by the Premier League’s decision to charge Manchester City.The Premier League had last week announced over 100 charges against Manchester for allegedly breaking financial fair play rules.Wenger, who spent over 20 years at the Premier League, believes there is only a small chance of Manchester City being relegated or stripped of titles if found guilty.The Premier League hit City with 115 charges rel...
Former Premier League attacker, Ian Wright has admitted that he has been surprised by the Manchester United defender, Lisandro Martinez.Wright said that the Argentine’s defensive quality has not been seen at Old Trafford in recent years.The Argentina international made a big money move from Ajax over the summer and was greeted by criticisms over his height as a central defender.Martinez produced another outstanding performance in Manchester United’s 1-0 win over Wes...
Be first to comment