Connect with us

U S Vice President Rejects The Request To Remove Trump

Piroll

Published

on

Follow
FOREIGN NEWS: U S Vice President Rejects The Request To Remove Trump [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

Sequel to the Capitol invasion which taint the democratic image of the United States, a action that led the house to pass for the removal of Trump before the end of his tenure next week.



The United States Vice-president Mike Pence said in a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that he wouldn’t invoke the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office, just hours before the House readied to vote on a resolution asking Mr. Pence and the cabinet to do just that.

“I do not believe that such a course of action is in the best interest of our nation,” he said in the letter, saying it would set a dangerous precedent.

Vice-president Pence met in the Oval Office on Monday, marking the first time they have spoken since the Capitol incident on Wednesday during the certification of the 2020 electoral votes.

“The two had a good conversation, discussing the week ahead and reflecting on the last four years of the administration’s work and accomplishments,” a senior administration official said.

The men agreed that those who broke the law and stormed the Capitol last Wednesday “do not represent the America first movement backed by 75 million Americans.”

A senior administration official told CNN they met in the Oval Office, had what was described as a good conversation, and discussed the week ahead while “reflecting on the last four years of the administration’s work and accomplishments.”

They reiterated that those who broke the law and stormed the Capitol last week do not represent the America First movement backed by 75 million Americans, and pledged to continue the work on behalf of the country for the remainder of their term,” the senior official said.

Click Here To Comment




Piroll
 

Piroll is a creative writer, social-political commentator, socio-researcher, and sports analyst. He holds certificates in media management and data journalism from the Thomas Foundation Institute of Journalism. He works as a... Read More

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Be first to comment


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Foreign News

Twitter Restores Donald Trump Twitter Account After 22 Months

Piroll

Published

on

FOREIGN NEWS: Twitter Restores Donald Trump Twitter Account After 22 Months [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
After a poll that was conducted by the CEO of Twitter, Elon Musk yesterday, the social media platform has now restored the account of the former president of the United States of America, MR Donald Trump.In the poll conducted by Musk which spark for 24 hours, over 15 million people voted and 52% of the voters want the former president to be unban.It is instructive to note that Trump was suspended in January 2021 due to his unverified and inciting electoral claim.
Continue Reading

Foreign News

BREAKING: US Jury Finds Former Trump Adviser, Steve Bannon Guilty Of Contempt For Defying Congress Invitation, Faces 30 Days Minimum In Jail

Victorious

Published

on

FOREIGN NEWS: BREAKING: US Jury Finds Former Trump Adviser, Steve Bannon Guilty Of Contempt For Defying Congress Invitation, Faces 30 Days Minimum In Jail [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
A federal jury has found former adviser to Donald Trump, Steve Bannon, guilty of contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol Building.The conviction is a victory for the House January 6 select committee as it continues to seek the cooperation of reluctant witnesses in its historic investigation. It is also a victory for the Justice Department, which is under intense scrutiny for its...
Continue Reading

Foreign News

Jubilation as Donald Trump lunches his own social media calls it "TRUTH"

Bukason

Published

on

FOREIGN NEWS: Jubilation as Donald Trump lunches his own social media calls it
Photo: Naijacrawl
A press release by the Trump Media and Technology Group(TMTG) confirmed Trump's move towards lunching his own social media platform.Trump’s new social network is set to launch a beta version in November, which will be available to invited guests only. Its national rollout is expected in the first quarter of 2022, the press release said.Trump signaled his aspirations to create a rival social media platform after he was kicked off from several social media platforms....
Continue Reading

Latest


Download Naijacrawl App today

Fastest way to read on the go

Download the Naijacrawl App.