Another reason Marcelo failed to join Ronaldo in Saudi Arabia was that Al-Nassr would have had to get rid of a foreign player to accommodate the Brazilian left-back in their team.
Marcelo has already returned to his former club, Fluminense, as a free agent.
His contract with Greek club Olympiakos was recently terminated due to fitness issues.
However, according to CNN Portugal reporter Bruno Andrade, Marcelo instead decided to move to Fluminense as the transfer to the Brazilian club was easier for him to complete.
Andrade tweeted on Friday: “With Cristiano Ronaldo on his eye, Marcelo had conversations with Al Nassr, who, however, could only move forward with the signing in June, when he would still have to release a foreign vacancy in the squad. Fluminense appeared strong in the move, convinced and was faster.”
Ojo Sunday Victor, A Professional Graphics Designer, and a skilled Content Writer in Entertainment, News and Sport Update.!An Undergraduate in Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH, Ogbomoso). Read More
Italian giants Juventus have reacted to Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to the super rich Saudi Arabian league.The Old Lady wished Ronaldo, who spent three seasons in Turin, well for the next chapter of his career.Ronaldo joined Al Nassr on December 30 on a free transfer and was unveiled on Tuesday, four days after he signed a two-and-a-half-year deal.Ronaldo was unveiled to Saudi Arabian football lovers at their Wool Park Stadium in front of a capacity crowd.Ronaldo came...
The Brazilian and Real Madrid left-back Marcelo has been named the new captain of the club following the exit of defender Sergio Ramos.The club's president Florentino Perez confirmed new development in a statement.“Marcelo will be our captain next season. It's difficult to find another LB like Marcelo. Him and Roberto Carlos have been the best in the history”, Florentino said.The 33-year-old Brazilian, who has been with Los Blancos since January 2007, will see his c...
Al-Nassr legend Hussein Abdulghani has made a U-turn on his previous comment condemning the coming of Cristiano Ronaldo to Saudi Arabia.In his earlier assessment of the 38-year-old Portuguese icon when he joined Al Ahly, the legendary player said the Portuguese would not be useful to the club.However, the football star has now said his previous claim was wrong.Al-Nassr signed the five-time Ballon d’Or winner in November last year after his fallout with Manchester Un...
Be first to comment