Connect with us

Covid19 US: Thousands Of People Queue To Get Food From Food Banks

Piroll

Published

on

Follow
NEWS: Covid19 US: Thousands Of People Queue To Get Food From Food Banks [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

As the United States has become the epicenter of the novel coronavirus of which the country has over half a million confirmed cases and thousands of death, which had necessitated the government to be rolling up different palliative measurement.

The pictures in the article shows how many people queue in different part of US to receive food from various food banks and NGO

  • NEWS: Covid19 US: Thousands Of People Queue To Get Food From Food Banks [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl

    More Photos on Covid19 US: Thousands Of People Queue To Get Food From Food Banks

  • NEWS: Covid19 US: Thousands Of People Queue To Get Food From Food Banks [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl

    More Photos on Covid19 US: Thousands Of People Queue To Get Food From Food Banks

  • NEWS: Covid19 US: Thousands Of People Queue To Get Food From Food Banks [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl
  • NEWS: Covid19 US: Thousands Of People Queue To Get Food From Food Banks [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl


Piroll
 

A social political analyst and writer

Continue Reading
Click To Comment

BE First To Comment


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Foreign News

Worldwide Virus Lockdowns As WHO Warns Young People ‘Not Invincible

Josh

Published

on

NEWS: Worldwide Virus Lockdowns As WHO Warns Young People ‘Not Invincible [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

A man walks on an empty street in Wuhan, in China’s central Hubei province on February 29, 2020. Wuhan’s 11 million residents have been under effective quarantine since January 23 as Chinese authorities race to contain the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. STR / AFP


Hundreds of millions of people worldwide kicked off the weekend under a coronavirus lockdown, as the global death toll accelerated sharply and the World Health Organization warned the young they were “not invincible”.


The pandemic has completely upended lives across the planet, sharply restricting the movement of huge populations, shutting down schools and businesses, and forcing millions to work from home — while many have lost their livelihoods entirely.


While President Donald Trump insisted the United States was “winning” the war against the virus, individual states dramatically ramped up restrictions, with New York and Illinois joining California in ordering residents to stay home.


The virus death toll surged past 11,000 worldwide, with 4,000 alone in worst-hit Italy where the daily number of fatalities has shot up relentlessly over the past week.


While the elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions are the hardest hit by the virus, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warned that young people were also vulnerable.


“Today I have a message for young people: you are not invincible. This virus could put you in hospital for weeks — or even kill you,” Tedros said.


“Even if you don’t get sick, the choices you make about where you go could be the difference between life and death for someone else.”


China on Saturday reported no new local infections for a third straight day, and the WHO said the central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the virus emerged late last year, offered a glimmer of “hope for the rest of the world”.


But there are growing concerns of a new wave of “imported” infections in the region, with Hong Kong reporting 48 suspected cases on Friday –- its biggest daily jump since the crisis began. Many of them have a recent history of travel to or from Europe.


Across Europe, governments continued to rigorously enforce lockdown measures as the continent’s most celebrated boulevards and squares remained silent and empty even as warmer spring weather arrived.


Italy reported its worst single day, adding another 627 fatalities and taking its reported total to 4,032 despite efforts to stem the spread.


The nation of 60 million now accounts for 36 percent of the world’s coronavirus deaths and its death rate of 8.6 percent among confirmed infections is significantly higher than in most other countries.


France, Italy, Spain and other European countries have told people to stay at home, threatening fines in some cases, while Bavaria became the first region in Germany to order a lockdown.


Britain, falling in line with its neighbours in the European Union, also announced tougher restrictions, telling pubs, restaurants, and theatres to close and promising to help cover the wages of affected workers.


– US ‘hotbeds’ –

With virus fears gripping the United States, its largest state California — with over 1,000 cases and 19 deaths — told its 40 million residents to stay at home.


New York state, which has reported over 7,000 cases and 39 deaths, followed suit on Friday, ordering its nearly 20 million residents to do the same from Sunday evening.


Trump applauded the New York and California decisions but said he did not think a nationwide lockdown was needed.


“Those are really two hotbeds,” he said. “I don’t think we’ll ever find (a US-wide lockdown) necessary.”


Shortly after the president spoke, the governor of Illinois ordered residents of the midwestern state to stay at home and the Connecticut governor did the same.


The restrictions so far imposed in seven states cover around 100 million people, with the country’s three most populous cities — New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago — under lockdown.


Continue Reading

Foreign News

Around 100 people joined a protest against former White House strategist Steve Bannon as he addressed an international media event in Edinburgh.

prince

Published

on

NEWS: Around 100 people joined a protest against former White House strategist Steve Bannon as he addressed an international media event in Edinburgh. [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

Around 100 people joined a protest against former White House strategist Steve Bannon as he addressed an international media event in Edinburgh.

Mr Bannon, who worked on Donald Trump’s successful presidential election campaign, was taking part in the News Xchange 2018 conference in the Scottish capital where a demonstration was organised outside the venue against his appearance.

There were chants of “Bannon out” and a minor disturbance broke out when a man was put in the back of a Police Scotland van shouting that he had been arrested for breach of the peace.

Mr Bannon’s support for right-wing political causes resulted in Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon withdrawing from the event when it was announced he was one of the main speakers.

Organisers last month defended the decision to invite him to take part, saying it was their “journalistic responsibility to share and scrutinise a range of relevant viewpoints within the framework of a balanced debate”.

ButMs Sturgeon insisted at the time she would “not be part of any process that risks legitimising or normalising far-right, racist views”.

Willie Black was among those protesting at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre, and he claimed giving the media executive a platform would “normalise far-right ideology”.

The 67-year-old retired electrician said: “He wants to strengthen all the right-wing organisations across Europe.

“We want to expose how his ideas are dangerous.

“We don’t want these people to be accepted as normal politicians.”

Continue Reading

Foreign News

Almost 300 people injured in Vigo festival

Piroll

Published

on

NEWS: Almost 300 people injured in Vigo festival [New Foreign News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

An urban sports and music festival in Vigo which usually holds in August year and over 50,000 people are expected to be there in Spain abruptly ended on a sad note yesterday (Sunday) when over 250 people got injured due to a collapse in a section of the wooden jetty in the place where the festival is being held.

Report has it that the seafront platform had been packed with people watching a rap artist at the two day O Marisquiño event in the north-west city of Vigo, in Galicia.

However, the local Police attached to the area have confirmed that there were no recorded fatalities in the incident. It was gathered that, there seem to be several scenes of panic from the teenagers in the event on their quest for safety, which made many of them to leave behind their belongings such as phones.

And to be certain that no live  lost due to the incident, several emergency teams attended to the injured, and professional divers were sent into the sea to check that no one was trapped beneath the structure.

However, the regional minister of health affirmed that 266 people were injured in the incident. Though, the cause of the collapse wooden is yet to be ascertain but it will rather be due to overcrowding at the event  or the structure is quite weak.

Continue Reading

Latest



Face of Naijacrawl


ChukwubuikemSunday ChukwubuikemSunday

Sunday Chukwubuikem


Higher - 09061773292

Trending