Connect with us

I'm Not Afraid Of COVID19; I Will Lay Bare Hands On Any Covid19 Patient - Bishop Oyedepo Boasts

Piroll

Published

on

Follow
NAIJA NEWS: I'm Not Afraid Of COVID19; I Will Lay Bare Hands On Any Covid19 Patient - Bishop Oyedepo Boasts [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

The General Overseer of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, popularly known as Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo has declared that he would embrace and breath into COVID-19 patients without any fear of contracting the disease.

He said he would lay his bare hands on any coronavirus patient brought to him for prayer.

Bishop Oyedepo said he would not wear gloves to attend to COVID-19 patients but would lay his bare hands on them to receive healing.

“COVID-19 cannot be any reason why your own ‘Breaking Limit’ package will not be delivered,” Bishop Oyedepo said while addressing his congregation on Sunday.

“It’s not a tenable reason,” he said.

The cleric noted that no condition on earth will make God’s covenant come to no effect.

“Can you imagine anyone bringing coronavirus patient to me and I won’t lay hands on him?

“Will I wear gloves to lay hands on them?

“I will lay hands on them, breathe into them, embrace them.

“What you carry is eternal life, it’s not human life,” he added.

It will be noted that the Bishop is one of the pastors that are against the lockdown of churches nation wide during the early stage of coronavirus in the country.




Click Here To Comment



Piroll
 

A social political analyst and writer

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1.  burri 60

    The element which makes this blog unique is the optimism seen throughout.
    N95 face mask for sale


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Naija News

Court Fines A Man 40,000 For Not Wearing Face Mask In Ekiti

Piroll

Published

on

NEWS: Court Fines A Man 40,000 For Not Wearing Face Mask In Ekiti [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

On the quest of containing the novel coronavirus in Ekiti state, an Ado-Ekiti Magistrate Court has fined a man named Vincent Ikechukwu a sum of forty thousand naira for failure to use a face mask which has become mandatory in the state since the wake of COVID 19 Pandemic.

Mr Vincent Ikechukwu who is the first person to face such penalty will also engage in community labour for three days in addition to the fine.

Magistrate B.A Oluwasanmi in the judgement highlights the threat to existence, caused by the COVID 19 Pandemic, and why it is a serious crime to flout the law put in place to ensure safety for all.

Over a hundred violators including clergymen have been given various punishments in Ekiti State for violation of government orders meant to check the spread of COVID 19.

The State government had last week released a fresh guideline to regulate movement and activities during the pandemic season as Governor, Kayode Fayemi warned that violators will be arrested and prosecuted according to the framework developed by the State Ministry of Justice.

Below is the charge as read to Okechukwu:

That You Vincent Ikechuckwu at about 11am on the 8th day of May, 2020 at Fajuyi,Ado-Ekiti Magisterial district, did without lawful excuse, move without wearing a cloth face mask, thereby violating the provisions of Regulations 4 (2) (a) of Regulation 4 Punishable under Regulation 12 of the Ekiti State Coronavirus (Prevention of infection) Regulations 1-4 ,2020 made pursuant to section 8 of the Quarantine act, Cap Q2, LFN, 2004"

Continue Reading

Naija News

Patient Dies In Unilorin Hospital After Striking Health Workers Switch Off Ventilator

Piroll

Published

on

NAIJA NEWS: Patient Dies In Unilorin Hospital After Striking Health Workers Switch Off Ventilator [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

This is quite discouraging a patient at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital in Kwara State has died following an industrial action embarked upon by health workers amidst the coronavirus disease.

It was learned from a family source that the patient, Olusola Olagunju, had been on life support before the incident occurred.

The victim was said to have died after the aggrieved workers switched off the oxygen.

A friend of the deceased, Ezekiel Adewole, said the unfortunate incident occurred on Tuesday.

Adewole explained that the patient died before being evacuated to another hospital for medical attention.

“He was referred to UITH, Ilorin for treatment. He has been undergoing this treatment for a while. He had difficulty in breathing, that is the only issue he had.

“He was okay, very active online. He was always on online – WhatsApp, Twitter and all others. The only thing is that he could not talk frequently on phone.

“He was using the support of oxygen. On Tuesday, we heard that the UITH went on strike. On that fateful day, they switched off their light.

“This guy was living on oxygen, electric oxygen. Immediately they switched off their light, he could not use the oxygen any longer and that was how his system collapsed.

The compound of the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital Teaching Hospital where a patient on life support died over the strike embarked by health workers.

“In the process of taking him to another hospital, he gave up. His family also sought the assistance of an ambulance, but they were denied because the drivers were also on strike,” he said.

But reacting, the National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) at the medical facility registered its displeasure over the situation that cost the patient’s life.

NARD Chairman, Lanre Oloshunde, however insisted that as medical practitioners, patients owe them the respect as they perform their duties.

“We have suspended the strike. The strike was informed from a security situation that happened at the hospital in which one of our doctors was assaulted on duty.

“Since then, the management of the hospital has been able to respond with some security measures. At least to some extent, that has guaranteed the safety of our members being able to work.

“We heard that our security was not guaranteed then, that is why we had to go on strike. Thankfully, there has been some security improvements so far in this regard,” he said.

While praying that the situation does not repeat itself again, Oloshunde advised members of the public against attacking health workers.


(Channel)


Continue Reading

Naija News

FG Hands Over Warri Port To Private Sector

ChristianCal

Published

on

NEWS: FG Hands Over Warri Port To Private Sector [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

The Federal Government on Tuesday handed over the Terminal B of the old Warri Port, as it finally signed the concession agreement with a core investor, Ocean & Cargo Terminal Services Limited.

The signing of the agreement followed the National Council on Privatisation's approval of the technical and commercial bid of $100.78 million submitted by Ocean $ Cargo Terminal Services Limited on June 18, 2018.

According to the Director General of the Bureau of public enterprises, Mr Alex Okoh, the objective of the Federal Government in the port concession was to increase efficiency in the country's ports and improve services delivery.

He added that the process was also intended to modernize port development, reduce the cost of shipping and clearing goods at the ports and relieve the government of the burden of financing the sector. However, the Warri Port had undergone some facilities upgrading recently before the concession agreement.

The BPE boss signed the agreement on behalf of the government while the Chairman of Ocean & Cargo Terminal Services, Dr Taiwo Afolabi, signed on behalf of the company.

Continue Reading

Latest