Nigeria Longest Flyover Sets To Be Commission
Another masterpiece of Governor Udom Emmanuel's Completion Agenda is set to be commissioned next Friday as the Ikot Oku Ikono flyover in Akwa Ibom State; the masterpiece will be commissioned next week, Friday, July 16, 2021, by Noon.
The new flyover bridge will become the longest in Nigeria as it set to replace the Good luck Ebere flyover at Uyo which was the titleholder
SOME UNEARTHED FACTS ABOUT THE LONGEST EVER FLYOVER BRIDGE IN AKWA IBOM STATE
1. The total length of the Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover bridge is 1.4 Kilometer.
2. It is longer by 500 meters than the combination of any two existing flyovers in Akwa Ibom State.
3. No other state in the South-South region has built a flyover over 1.4Kilometer long.
4. Construction of the bridge commenced in the third quarter of 2019 and the project was earmarked for completion in two years.
5. Despite the global and national restrictions occasioned by Covid19, the project is going to be completed ahead of schedule.
6. It's bringing to an end, constant accidents that claimed numerous lives involving motorists coming in to Uyo from Ikot Abasi via Abak and Eket via Etinan LGAs, through the junction
7. The longest flyover bridge in Akwa Ibom was just 700meters along Atiku Abubakar,
8. The combination of two of the longest flyovers namely Atiku Abubakar and Federal Secretariat Flyover is 1.2 meters
Crime Is Everywhere In Nigeria - US Embassy Tells US Citizens In Nigeria
The United States Mission in Nigeria has issued a holiday security alert to its citizens and others planning to travel to Nigeria.The US Embassy in Abuja and Consulate General Lagos in the new security alert posted on its website warned US citizens that insecurity may increase during the holiday period.The alert stated that “Crime is endemic throughout Nigeria.”It adding that “terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by extremist ideology exist throughout Ni...
Covid-19: 16 new cases confirm in Nigeria, total moves to 254
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has later today announced that sixteen new cases of #COVID19 in the country.This was made public through a tweet from NCDC twitter handle.The tweets goes : Sixteen #Covid19 have been reported in Nigeria: 10 in Lagos, 2 in the FCT, 2 in Oyo, 1 in Delta and 1 in Katsina.As at 09:30 pm 7th April there are 254 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. Fourty-four have been discharged with six deaths.Lagos- 130FCT- 50Osun- 20...
Coronavirus: Irate Muslims Youths Burn Police Station In Nigeria; see reason
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria which has necessitated many states in the country to take preventative measurement of which Kastina state is not excluded by banning religious and social gathering in the state.This did not go well with some Muslims youth who aggressively protested in Kusada town in Katsina State of which they burnt down a Police station as well as seven cars, two motorcycles and a generator all parked in front of the station.Prelim...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.