Nigeria Longest Flyover Sets To Be Commission
Another masterpiece of Governor Udom Emmanuel's Completion Agenda is set to be commissioned next Friday as the Ikot Oku Ikono flyover in Akwa Ibom State; the masterpiece will be commissioned next week, Friday, July 16, 2021, by Noon.
The new flyover bridge will become the longest in Nigeria as it set to replace the Good luck Ebere flyover at Uyo which was the titleholder
SOME UNEARTHED FACTS ABOUT THE LONGEST EVER FLYOVER BRIDGE IN AKWA IBOM STATE
1. The total length of the Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover bridge is 1.4 Kilometer.
2. It is longer by 500 meters than the combination of any two existing flyovers in Akwa Ibom State.
3. No other state in the South-South region has built a flyover over 1.4Kilometer long.
4. Construction of the bridge commenced in the third quarter of 2019 and the project was earmarked for completion in two years.
5. Despite the global and national restrictions occasioned by Covid19, the project is going to be completed ahead of schedule.
6. It's bringing to an end, constant accidents that claimed numerous lives involving motorists coming in to Uyo from Ikot Abasi via Abak and Eket via Etinan LGAs, through the junction
7. The longest flyover bridge in Akwa Ibom was just 700meters along Atiku Abubakar,
8. The combination of two of the longest flyovers namely Atiku Abubakar and Federal Secretariat Flyover is 1.2 meters
Nigeria Sets To Deploy 5G, Minister Says It is Not Harmful
Nigeria is on the verge of deploying the 5G network before the end of the year and the Minister of Communication and Digital economy, Professor ISA Pantami has assured Nigerians that the new technology is not harmful and there is nothing to be fear about it.It will be recalled that the popular Pastor, Pastor Chris of Christ Embassy was arguing extensively last year that the 5G network is very harmful and it is the cause of the pandemic.Pantami spoke after the weekly...
Local Nigeria Footballer Died The Day He Sets To Leave Country
It was a depressing moment yesterday as a 21 year old Nigerian footballer, Okafor Kelechi was laid to rest. The Football player who played for the Lion Club in Lagos died the very day he set to leave the country for a club in Azerbaijan.Kelechi, who visa and travelling documents had been processed left his some to the club training ground of the Lion Hearts Football Club, Ayobo, Lagos state on the very day he will be traveling, since his trip is scheduled for 8:30Pm...
The Nigeria Labour Congress endorses Julius Abure as National Chairman
The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Thursday, passed a confidence vote on the embattled national chairman of the Labour Party, Julius Abure, declaring that he is still the chairman of the party.The NLC in a statement issued by its President, Comrade Joe Ajaero said it viewed the alleged decapitation of the leadership of the Labour party with great suspicion which cannot be far from the intent to weaken the party from within or distract it from its fight to reclaim its...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.