Poland striker, Lewandowski banned for three games
The Poland and Barcelona striker, Robert Lewandowski, has been banned for three Barca games after receiving a red card in their LaLiga 2-1 victory against Osasuna last week.
Lewandowski, who is currently with Poland at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, was shown two yellow cards during the encounter.
His second yellow card against Osasuna was because he elbowed David Garcia’s face.
The 34-year-old will now miss Barcelona’s La Liga games against Espanyol, Atletico Madrid, and Getafe after returning from the World Cup in Qatar.
Lewandowski’s teammate Gerard Pique was given a four-game ban for insulting the referee at halftime following that decision.
However, Pique retired from football after that game.
Meanwhile, Barcelona have said they will appeal against Lewandowski’s ban, which the Spanish Football Association awarded because of a gesture showing a “contemptuous attitude towards the referees."
Argentina vs France: Pogba banned from attending 2022 World Cup final
France midfielder Paul Pogba has been banned from attending the 2022 World Cup final.The Juventus star was ruled out of the tournament in Qatar after sustaining an injury just weeks after his return to Turin from Manchester United.Pogba eventually underwent surgery on the knee problem.While Pogba was forced to miss the World Cup, it appears plans have been put in place for him to attend the final at the Lusail Stadium.L’Equipe reports President Emmanuel Macron is ke...
Israel Adesanya Got Arrested in Airport for Carrying Banned Item Along
Just a few days that he was beaten mercilessly by Pereira, the Nigerian-born New Zealand UFC star, Israel Adesanya was arrested at JFK Airport on yesterday, November 16, after allegedly trying to board a plane with brass knuckles.Port Authority police said Adesanya who tried to walk through security around 2 p.m, was taken into custody by Transportation Security Administration staff who found the banned item in his possession.Brass knuckles are illegal in the state...
Transfer: Barcelona banned from signing new players in January window
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has admitted the club may not be able to sign players during the January transfer window because of LaLiga’s financial fair play rules.Laporta, however, insisted the club’s accounts are “healthy” again, with an expected income this season of €1.23 billion and a budgeted profit of €274 million.“We had to pull some levers, which were economic operations that saved the club from ruin, and now the club is in economic recovery."“But despi...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.