Tribunal Dismisses Atiku Petition Entirely
The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja is delivering judgement in the case instituted by the Peoples Democratic Party and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, challenging the outcome of the February 23, 2019 presidential election.
Below are some of the key decisions
1.President Muhammadu Buhari was eminently qualified to contest the Feb. 23, 2019 presidential election
2. Buhari did not give information in an affidavit submitted to INEC concerning his academic qualification
3. The manual for the election issued by INEC did not provide for electronic transmission of results of the election
4. Petitioners failed to prove that election results were transmitted electronically.
5. Petitioners’ Witness 59, who was brought from Kenya, failed to prove that there was an INEC server.
6. PW59 relied on hearsay information about the said INEC server posted on a website, www.factsdontlie.com by a purpported whistleblower who was never known.
7. Card reader machine was not used to transmit results during the election but for mere authentication of authentication ownership of voter cards.
8. Petitioners merely dumped documents particularly electoral materials on the tribunal without demonstrating them by tying the evidence of any of their 62 witnesses to
Tinubu Welcomes Atiku Back From Dubai
Yesterday night, one of the National leaders of the All Progressives Congress; Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu welcomes the presidential candidate of the opposition party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar back from Dubai.it will be noted that the Ex vice president has been out of the country for over two years now, and when he came to the country yesterday, one of his political rival, Tinubu joined the entourage to welcome Atiku.The development has been trending online as many peopl...
Edo 2020: Atiku Directs His 150 Presidential Support Groups In Edo To Back Obaseki
As the electoral battle between the two leading political parties in the country is drawing near in Edo state, the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who was the first runner up for the post of the presidency at the last year general election has directed his 150 support groups in the state to Gov. Godwin Obaseki’s governorship campaign organisation in Edo.Atiku made this known in a statement made available to newsmen on Saturday in Benin. The statement was sign...
Your Claim Is Unreasonable - Atiku Tells APC
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate for the 2019 polls, former Vice President has dismissed the petition by the All Progressives Congress (APC) contesting his citizenship as unreasonable. Atiku, who spoke through his media aide, Paul Ibe, told newsmen yesterday, that it is an insult to Nigerians and the office of Vice President, which he occupied for eight years, for the APC to allege that he is not a Nigeri...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.