Antonio Conte Has Claimed That One Of Tottenham’s Summer Signings Wasn’t His Decision
Conte will have been desperate to bring in multiple signings this summer, with the aim of adding increased squad depth after qualifying for the Champions League.
Tottenham have done just that, bringing in six players so far in this transfer window.
Richarlison, Yves Bissouma, Fraser Forster, Ivan Perisic, Clement Lenglet, and most recently, Djed Spence have arrived at Tottenham, but Conte has now claimed that their most recent purchase wasn’t his decision.
“The club wanted to do it. I said, "OK, this player is young, but he showed he can become a good, important player for us." The club decided to buy him, "said Conte, in an interview relayed by the Daily Mail.
Signing players that are spotted by a recruitment team rather than a manager can often be a smart way of running the club. If Conte fails as a manager, then the squad isn’t full of players who will only suit his system
However, if the manager is totally against a signing, then it’s a different story, as it could lead to a lack of game time for the player in question.
Conte hasn’t expressed his disappointment at the signing of Spence, but it’s interesting to hear him mentioning it to the media.
Favourite manager to replace Antonio Conte revealed
Fulham head coach Marco Silva has reportedly emerged as a leading contender to replace Antonio Conte at Tottenham Hotspur should the Italian leave Spurs.Conte’s future at Tottenham remains uncertain, with his contract set to expire at the end of this season.The former Chelsea manager has the option to extend his deal by 12 months, but it looks increasingly likely he will depart Tottenham in the summer.Tottenham are set to end another year without silverware, having...
What Antonio Conte did for Tottenham players after beating Man City
Tottenham Hotspur assistant manager, Cristian Stellini, has revealed what his boss, Antonio Conte, did for Spurs players after beating Manchester City 1-0 in Sunday’s Premier League tie.Stellini was in charge of Tottenham against Manchester City, with Conte recovering back in Italy after surgery to remove his gallbladder.Tottenham striker Harry Kane scored the only goal of the match to give the hosts all three points against Pep Guardiola’s side.Speaking at his post...
No FA ban for Tottenham boss Antonio Conte but Thomas Tuchel handed Chelsea touchline ban
Following the confrontations following Sunday's 2-2 draw between Tottenham and Chelsea, Antonio Conte was assessed a fine of £15,000 by the FA. Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel was given a one-match suspension and a fine.Following an incident at Stamford Bridge after the final whistle, referee Anthony Taylor issued a straight red card to both the Spurs head coach and Tuchel. The Blues manager refused to let go of Conte's hand when he tried to shake it; he was angry tha...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.