Messi: LaLiga Board Supports Barcelona Decision To "Withhold" Messi
As controversy continue to trail the transfer decision of the arguably world best player; Lionel Messi, the LaLiga management has today make a press release concerning the transfer decision between the player and the Barcelona board.
Laliga categorucally stated that she will be supporting the Barca decision to hold Messi till the end of the end when their contract will end or the alternative buy out clause for the player.
The statement which was issued in Spanish but now being translated to English reads in part:
In relation to the different interpretations (some of them contradictory to each other) published in recent days in different media, related to the contractual situation of the player Lionel Andrés Messi with FC Barcelona, LaLiga considers it convenient to clarify that, once the player's contract with his club:
- The contract is currently in force and has a "termination clause" applicable to the event that Lionel Andrés Messi decides to urge the early unilateral termination of the contract, carried out in accordance with article 16 of Royal Decree 1006/1985, of June 26, by which regulates the special employment relationship of professional athletes.
- In compliance with the applicable regulations, and following the corresponding procedure in these cases, LaLiga will not carry out the prior visa process for the player to be removed from the federation if they have not previously paid the amount of said clause.
LaLiga gives Barcelona conditions to sign Lewandowski
Barcelona president, Javier Tebas, has given reasons why Barcelona will be unable to sign Robert Lewandowski from Bayern Munich.Lewandowski has told the Bundesliga champions that he wants to leave this summer.The 33-year-old has one year left on his current deal in Germany and has been widely linked with a move to Barca.However, Tebas has revealed that Barcelona are not in the best financial position.Speaking to Marca, the LaLiga chief said: “They (Barcelona) know w...
Barcelona will lose eight players this summer, according to LaLiga
According to AS, Barça could part ways with at least eight players during the summer transfer window.Since Xavi Hernandez took over as Ronald Koeman's replacement in La Liga, the team has improved dramatically.In the January window, Xavi brought in Adama Traore, Ferran Torres, and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, all of whom have had an immediate effect.At the end of the season, Xavi and Barca are likely to have a large turnover of players as they try to put together a gr...
Jordan supports Rooney’s criticism of Ronaldo
Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has agreed with Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney’s criticism of forward Cristiano Ronaldo.Ronaldo has made headlines for the wrong reasons on different occasions so far this season.The Portugal captain was keen on leaving Manchester United in the summer, but a move away from the Red Devils failed to materialize.The five-time Ballon d’Or winner also walked down the tunnel before the final whistle of Manchester United's 2-...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.