Connect with us

Edo Has Expended Over A Billion Naira In Fight Against Coronavirus - Gov. Obaseki

Piroll

Published

on

Follow
NEWS: Edo Has Expended Over A Billion Naira In Fight Against Coronavirus - Gov. Obaseki [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

The Edo state Governor, Governor Obaseki during a life briefing by the state response team on the coronavirus outbreak in the state yesterday said that the state has spent over a billion in order to curb the exponential spreading of the virus in the state and also to make some necessary equipment available.

In the Governor's statement he said :

“The government of Edo State is leading this battle from the front. We have already spent over N1billion of our limited resources so far on this fight.

“We have constituted the Edo State Fund-Raising Committee which is made up of our sons and daughters who are captains of industries, religious leaders, traditional rulers to help us galvanize efforts at mobilizing resources to beef up the state government’s response to this pandemic,” he said.

According to him, the decision of the state government to review the partial lockdown imposed on residents was borne after reviewing the COVID-19 tests carried out on suspected cases.

While calling on residents of the state to support his administration’s efforts in fighting the virus, the governor appealed for donations by spirited individuals and groups.

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki holds a love briefing on COVID-19 by the State Response Team in Benin on April 19, 2020.

Also, he wants the people to reach out to what he descried as the most vulnerable in the state, so as to cushion the hardship that may arise from the lockdown order.

Obaseki believes that doing so will prevent catastrophe in the society, while maintaining dignity of those affected.

Speaking further, the governor noted that the state is on the verge of conducting 1,000 cases arising from the coronavirus.

He believes that for the state to win the battle against the virus, the people should regularly wear their face masks.

The state government also asked the citizens to maintain regular washing of hands and maintain social distancing always.



Piroll
 

A social political analyst and writer

Continue Reading
Click To Comment

BE First To Comment


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Naija News

Igando area of Lagos today see how police engaged in a fight because of 50 naira:

kizinho

Published

on

NEWS: Igando area of Lagos today see how police engaged in a fight because of 50 naira: [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
Igando area of Lagos today: Nigeria Police Officers engage in street fight with colleague over money extorted from driver.



Of course, even while celebrating shame, Police is your friend!, are dey really your friend ,drop your comment below:
Continue Reading

Naija News

Coronavirus: Death Hits 53,000 As Over 1.3 People Infected

Piroll

Published

on

NEWS: Coronavirus: Death Hits 53,000 As Over 1.3 People Infected [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

As at today 3rd of April, 2020, the total number of death recorded as a result of the novel coronavirus pandemic is now now 53,000 while over 1.3 million people have contracted the contagion virus world wide.

Yesterday, the United States recorded over 1200 deaths while the death toll in Spain is now close to 10,000. It is to be noted that Italy still have the highest number of death as it stand around 13,000 as at today.

The death toll in Africa is not that significant as the total number of the death in the continent still in 100s.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia has now extended the curfew in the country due to rise in the number of infected people in the country.

Also in South Korea over 27000 people are under self isolation as the number of cases in the country hits 10,000.

Meanwhile, in USA, the state of Washington has extended the stay home order till May 4 as cases continue to rise in the region.

Naijacrawl will keep updating you about the latest update about the novel virus.

#Stay-safe

Continue Reading

Naija News

BUSOLA DAKOLO RESUSCITATED HER RAPE CASE AGAINST COZA PASTOR

Williams

Published

on

NAIJA NEWS: BUSOLA DAKOLO RESUSCITATED HER RAPE CASE AGAINST COZA PASTOR [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

Busola Dakolo once came out to share her rape experience which happened a long time ago, which she mentioned mention culprit to be, COZA pastor Mr. Biodun Fatoyinbo. This gained momentum late early 2018 and causes a buzz in the media.


However, the case died down gradually as suppose as there was no concrete evidence and the incident had happened long ago. Today, Busola Dakolo once again reminded Nigerians about the case and updates on the case. Today makes it a year since she came out to share her experience. According to her, the case has been transferred to the ministry of justice Abuja, over a month now and nothing has been heard from them.


Continue Reading

Latest