Connect with us

Cristiano Ronaldo branded as ‘arrogant’ after incident with 14-year-old boy

Victorious

Published

on

Follow
SPORTS NEWS: Cristiano Ronaldo branded as ‘arrogant’ after incident with 14-year-old boy [New Sports News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

The mother of the 14-year-old autistic boy whose phone Cristiano Ronaldo broke has called the superstar "arrogant" and has threatened to sue him.



Last season, after Manchester United lost to Everton at Goodison Park, Ronaldo slapped Jacob Harding's hand as he sprinted down the tunnel, breaking the youngster's phone.

Mum of 14-year-old autistic boy whose phone was smashed by Cristiano Ronaldo brands the Man.United star arrogant and plans to take him to court

The 37-year-old apologized afterwards and was interviewed by police in relation to alleged assault and criminal damage before receiving a caution. 

Jacob's mother, Sarah Kelly, says that she declined the opportunity to meet Ronaldo after the incident but was then called on the phone by the Portuguese forward in a call that lasted 10 minutes in which he pleaded for sympathy. 

Mum of 14-year-old autistic boy whose phone was smashed by Cristiano Ronaldo brands the Man.United star arrogant and plans to take him to court

She told The Mirror: "He asked me if I would like to come down and meet his family." He said, "I'm not a bad dad." I said to him, "I never said you were a bad dad."
He said, "I had a terrible upbringing. I lost my dad." I said to him, "Everybody has a sob story, Ronaldo. I lost my dad too young. I've had cancer."
He kept calling me Jack and didn't even know my name, so I said, "My name is Sarah," and he said, "Oh, Sarah, I'm sorry."
He never referred to Jacob by his name either; it was always "the boy." "I know the boy's got problems," he said. I told him, "He hasn't got a problem, he has a disability." You're the one with the problem. "
Sarah described Ronaldo as the "most arrogant man I've ever spoken to" and felt that he had "got away with it".
The Merseyside mother plans to take legal action against the star and United.

Click Here To Comment




Ojo Sunday Victor, A Professional Graphics Designer, and a skilled Content Writer in Entertainment, News and Sport Update.!An Undergraduate in Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH, Ogbomoso). Read More

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Be first to comment


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Roy Keane fires dig at Newcastle United over Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal beat Ghana

Victorious

Published

on

SPORTS NEWS: Roy Keane fires dig at Newcastle United over Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal beat Ghana [New Sports News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
Following Portugal's narrow World Cup victory over Ghana, Roy Keane took a shot at Newcastle United over Cristiano Ronaldo.As he put Portugal in front from the penalty spot in Qatar, Ronaldo made history by becoming the first male player to score at five different World Cup competitions.Following Ghana's equalizer, Portugal gained some breathing room thanks to goals from Joao Felix and Rafael Leao. Osman Bukari's 89th-minute goal then set up a tense period of injury...
Continue Reading

Favourite clubs to sign Cristiano Ronaldo after Manchester United exit revealed

Victorious

Published

on

SPORTS NEWS: Favourite clubs to sign Cristiano Ronaldo after Manchester United exit revealed [New Sports News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
The favorite clubs to sign forward Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window after Manchester United terminated his contract have been revealed.Recall that Manchester United ended Ronaldo’s deal after the Portugal captain slammed the club and their manager Erik ten Hag, among others, during his explosive interview with Piers Morgan last week.Ronaldo’s remaining seven months’ contract with Manchester United was terminated, meaning the 37-year-old is now free t...
Continue Reading

Cristiano Ronaldo makes history after scoring in Man Utd’s 2-1 win over Everton

Victorious

Published

on

SPORTS NEWS: Cristiano Ronaldo makes history after scoring in Man Utd’s 2-1 win over Everton [New Sports News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
On Sunday night, Manchester United forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, made history after scoring a goal in his side’s Premier League 2-1 win over Everton.Ronaldo and Antony goals helped Manchester United defeat Everton at Goodison Park.Alex Iwobi scored a goal for Frank Lampard’s side against Manchester United.However, Ronaldo’s goal against Everton means the Portugal captain has now become the first player in football history to score the 700th club goal of his illustriou...
Continue Reading

Latest


Download Naijacrawl App today

Fastest way to read on the go

Download the Naijacrawl App.