It was a thrilling night of goals yesterday in Cologne as the Italian side; Inter Milan battled with the Spanish side; Sevilla. The game later ended 3-2 in favour of Sevilla.
These are some fact to be noted in the game as records were set.
- Sevilla have won the UEFA Cup/Europa League six times, more than any other team in the history of the competition.
- Inter lost in a major UEFA European final for the first time since the 1997 UEFA Cup, when they lost on penalties to FC Schalke 04 after a 1-1 draw on aggregate over two legs.
- Since 2009/10, the Europa League has been won by a Spanish manager in six of the 11 finals (Unai Emery x3, Quique Sanchez Flores, Rafael Benitez, Julen Lopetegui).
- Sevilla have either progressed to the next round or won the competition in 21 of their last 22 Europa League knockout ties.
- Romelu Lukaku scored 34 goals in all competitions for Inter in 2019/20, the most by an Inter player in their debut season since Ronaldo scored 34 in 1997/98.
- Inter defender Diego Godin became the sixth player to have scored in a European Cup/Champions League and UEFA Cup/Europa League final, after Steven Gerrard, Hernan Crespo, Dmitri Alenichev, Allan Simonsen and Pedro.
- Romelu Lukaku's goal in the fifth minute for Inter was the earliest in a UEFA Cup/Europa League final since 2001, when Liverpool's Markus Babbel scored in the third minute against Alaves.
- Sevilla's Diego Carlos conceded three penalties in the 2019/20 Europa League, the first player to concede that many in a single campaign since César Azpilicueta in 2012/13 for Chelsea.
And alos, Sevilla coach Lopentuigi has now won his first major trophy after he was sacked by Spain a day before the start of 2018 world cup, and also sacked by Real Madrid after spending barely 3 months at the club