Fact To Know As Sevilla Win Their 6th Europa League Title
It was a thrilling night of goals yesterday in Cologne as the Italian side; Inter Milan battled with the Spanish side; Sevilla. The game later ended 3-2 in favour of Sevilla.
These are some fact to be noted in the game as records were set.
- Sevilla have won the UEFA Cup/Europa League six times, more than any other team in the history of the competition.
- Inter lost in a major UEFA European final for the first time since the 1997 UEFA Cup, when they lost on penalties to FC Schalke 04 after a 1-1 draw on aggregate over two legs.
- Since 2009/10, the Europa League has been won by a Spanish manager in six of the 11 finals (Unai Emery x3, Quique Sanchez Flores, Rafael Benitez, Julen Lopetegui).
- Sevilla have either progressed to the next round or won the competition in 21 of their last 22 Europa League knockout ties.
- Romelu Lukaku scored 34 goals in all competitions for Inter in 2019/20, the most by an Inter player in their debut season since Ronaldo scored 34 in 1997/98.
- Inter defender Diego Godin became the sixth player to have scored in a European Cup/Champions League and UEFA Cup/Europa League final, after Steven Gerrard, Hernan Crespo, Dmitri Alenichev, Allan Simonsen and Pedro.
- Romelu Lukaku's goal in the fifth minute for Inter was the earliest in a UEFA Cup/Europa League final since 2001, when Liverpool's Markus Babbel scored in the third minute against Alaves.
- Sevilla's Diego Carlos conceded three penalties in the 2019/20 Europa League, the first player to concede that many in a single campaign since César Azpilicueta in 2012/13 for Chelsea.
And alos, Sevilla coach Lopentuigi has now won his first major trophy after he was sacked by Spain a day before the start of 2018 world cup, and also sacked by Real Madrid after spending barely 3 months at the club
Gabriel Jesus opens up on his Man City future after Premier League title win
Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus has revealed he has told the club about his desire to leave Etihad this summer.Arsenal are still frontrunners to sign the Brazil international, who is desirous of first team football.Jesus won his fourth Premier League title with Pep Guardiola’s side on Sunday, as the Citizens came from 2-0 down to seal a 3-2 victory over Aston Villa.His agent had earlier said that the striker, Jesus, "likes" Arsenal’s proposal and described a m...
Chelsea Women Win Consecutive League Title; Set New Record
It is a moment of great achievement for the Chelsea board as both the men and women wings of the club are setting records and breaking barriers at the moment.The Chelsea Women being coached by Emma Hayes were crowned the champions of the Women Super League after beating their rival, Reading 5-0 in the last match of the season.The winning makes Chelsea to retain the title after winning it based on point per game last season.It is instructive to know that both the Che...
CHELSEA WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE AFTER WEST BROM VICTORY 0-1
Antonio Conte has led the Stamford Bridge side to glory with two matches to spare - the sixth time that the Blues have been crowned English championsChelsea have won the Premier League title after defeating West Bromwich Albion 1-0 at the Hawthorns.A late goal from substitute Michy Batshuayi gave the Blues three points, which mean they hold an unassailable 10-point advantage over Tottenham. It is the sixth time that the Stamford Bridge side have won En...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.