One of the technical staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company got electrocuted while carrying out repairs on an electric pole close to the University of Benin, Ekehuan campus.
The man who wore safety clothing with the inscription, 'BEDC', was seen dangling from an electric pole when the incident happened on Thursday, May 11, 2023.
Eyewitnesses said that the man was held up on the pole and before they could turn off the transformer, he was electrocuted.
“The man was trying to fix one of the wires that was falling when he was electrocuted,” a witness said.
"I don’t think the light was not turned off from the central switch before he embarked on carrying out the repair. He was already close to the high-tension wire when power was restored and he got electrocuted.
Naijacrawl learned that the man was working on a 33KV high tension while one of the control staff switch on the power.