Ronaldo breaks silence after Man Utd terminates his contract
Cristiano Ronaldo has said he wishes Manchester United well after the club terminated his contract on Tuesday.
The 37-year-old, in a statement of his own, spoke about his love for the Premier League and its supporters.
But Ronaldo insisted it was the right time “to seek a new challenge."
His statement read: “I love Manchester United, and I love the fans; that will never ever change."
“However, it feels like the right time for me to seek a new challenge."
“I wish the team every success for the remainder of the season and for the future.”
United decided to cancel the Portugal captain’s contract following his controversial interview with Piers Morgan.
In the two-part interview, Ronaldo claimed he had been “betrayed” by the club and has “no respect” for manager Erik ten Hag.
Ballon d’Or 2022: It wasn’t easy – Benzema breaks silence after winning award
On Monday night, Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema was announced as the winner of this year’s Ballon d’Or award.The Frenchman admitted his career hasn’t always been easy after winning the prize for the first time.Benzema also became the oldest player ever at 34 to win the Ballon d’Or.“I always had this dream in my mind that everything was possible."“There was a difficult period where I wasn’t in the French team, but I worked hard and never gave up, kept my head down and e...
Tuchel breaks silence after Boehly replaces him with Potter
Thomas Tuchel, the former manager of Chelsea, has finally spoken out following his dismissal by co-owner Todd Boehly.Tuchel said in a statement published on his social media pages on Sunday that he had not anticipated being let go and that he was "devastated."The German, who led the Blues to Champions League glory in 2021, was dismissed on Wednesday, a day after they lost 1-0 to Dinamo Zagreb.“This is one of the most difficult statements I have ever had to write – a...
Departing Chelsea star, Bakayoko breaks silence after being held by Italian police at gunpoint
Departing Chelsea midfielder, Tiemoue Bakayoko, has broken his silence after being held by Italian police at gunpoint a few days ago.Bakayoko insisted that the Italian police "went too far" after he was stopped at gunpoint in a terrifying ordeal that turned out to be a case of mistaken identity.The 27-year-old was pulled over by cops in Milan earlier this month, but footage of the incident only emerged this week.A video re-tweeted by Italian sports journalist Tancre...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.