Sequel to his move to his former club yesterday, Cristiano Ronaldo has dropped out of the top five highest-paid footballers in Europe following his transfer from Juventus to Manchester United.
Although the Portuguese will be the highest-paid player in the Premier League, he now occupies the sixth position on £480,000-per-week which is far below his £950,000 weekly wages at Juventus.
Lionel Messi keeps his status as the highest-paid football player in Europe in 2021 following his recent transfer from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain.
Second on the list of highest-paid footballers in Europe is another Paris Saint-Germain star, Neymar, who receives £606,000 weekly.
Atletico Madrid striker, Luis Suarez is third on the list with his £575,000 weekly earnings
With his move to Manchester United, Ronaldo, who had always occupied the second or first positions, has now dropped out of the top five with Antoine Griezmann and Gareth Bale all ahead of him.
Here are the top 10 highest paid players in Europe for 2021:
1. Lionel Messi (PSG) – £960,000
2. Neymar (PSG) – £606,000
3. Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid) – £575,000
4. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) – £575,000
5. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) – £500,000
6. Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) – £480, 000
7. Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)- £450,000-per-week (including bonuses)
8. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – £410,000-per-week
9. Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) – £385,000 per-week
10. David De Gea (Man Utd) – £375,000-per-week