Transfer SAGA: Simeone told he will be sacked if he signs Ronaldo for Atletico Madrid
Atletico Madrid manager, Diego Simeon, has been told that he will be sacked if he signs Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United this summer.
Simeone has been an iconic figure with Atletico Madrid, leading them through a golden era in which they have twice won La Liga and have reached two Champions League finals.
His 11-year tenure at Wanda Metropolitano, though, could come to an ugly end if Ronaldo joins the club.
However, with suitors for Ronaldo looking thin on the ground and the five-time Ballon d’Or winner apparently so intent on leaving Old Trafford that he asked Man United to cancel his contract, Atletico Madrid fans have launched a succession of protests against the move.
These started online with a #ContraCR7 campaign on Twitter and continued with an open letter from the supporters to the club in which they claimed Ronaldo “represents the antithesis of the values that constitute the hallmarks of our Atleti, such as effort, generosity, simplicity, and humility”.
During a friendly against Numancia on Wednesday, Atletico Madrid fans held up an anti-Ronaldo banner behind the goal and threatened Simeone with the sack.
“Simeone, Simone, listen to the fans,” they chanted. “If you sign Cristiano, you will go to the wall.”
Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid President Enrique Cerezo, earlier this week, said it would be “practically impossible” for Ronaldo to move to the LaLiga giants this summer.
Lies, Impossible not to talk about me – Ronaldo opens up on transfer saga
Cristiano Ronaldo has further hit out at rumours concerning his future at Manchester United, describing them as lies.Ronaldo was active on Instagram on Friday morning for the first time since he reportedly informed Manchester United that he wanted to leave the club this summer.The Portugal icon reportedly wants to play for a club in the Champions League.Jorge Mendes accompanied the striker as he returned to Carrington on Tuesday, and the pair held talks with Ten Hag...
You’re disgraceful – Trevor Sinclair slams Cristiano Ronaldo over transfer saga
Manchester City ex-winger Trevor Sinclair has blasted Cristiano Ronaldo, describing him as a "disgraceful influence."According to Sinclair, Ronaldo is now presenting himself as a bad influence on Manchester United’s young players as he reportedly looks to seal a transfer away from Old Trafford.Ronaldo wants to leave Manchester United this summer for a club that can offer him Champions League football next season.And Sinclair, a talkSPORT pundit, accused him of'spitt...
Transfer: I’m very well – Mbappe breaks silence over transfer saga
Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe says he is doing very well following the club’s decision to drop him from their pre-season tour of Japan.The club’s decision means that the 24-year-old is now available for sale in the ongoing transfer market.The France national team captain was calm when posing for pictures and signing autographs at the end of the training session.And when asked by French outlet Le Parisien how he was feeling over the transfer saga, he had thi...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.