Connect with us

Boko Haram Shows Video Of Kidnapped Kankara Boys

Piroll

Published

on

Follow
NAIJA NEWS: Boko Haram Shows Video Of Kidnapped Kankara Boys [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl

After close to a week that they were kidnapped, the students of the all-boys boarding secondary school were abducted on Friday, December 11, after the terrorists stormed their school in the middle of the night, broke its gate, shot sporadically, and gathered the boys, claiming to be security operatives.



In the newly released video, the abductors showed the boys, with some of them crying, and claimed that they were in good health.

One of the boys who spoke in both English and Hausa said they were 520 in number but some of them were killed because the government sent troops to rescue them. He urged the Federal Government to settle amicably with their abductors and advised against the use of military force in rescuing them. A voice behind the camera could be heard telling the pupil what to say.

“We have been caught by the gangs of Abu Shekau; some of us were killed,” the distraught student said.

At least dozens of other young boys could be seen gathered close to him, all covered in dust and appearing to be within a forest area. A young member of the terrorist group stood in their midst wearing a military uniform, including a face mask, and wielding an assault rifle.

The abductors in the video said they kidnapped the students because the government refused to stop killing and arresting Fulani criminals.

“We did this because you refused to stop killing and arresting Fulani,” one of them said.

The young student then pleaded with the government to stop attacking the terrorists. “All the armies that you sent here can do nothing to them,” he said.

He added that that government should “dissolve vigilante gangs and close down all types of schools, excluding Islamiyya [Qur’anic schools]”.

Shekau speaks

The leader of the Jama’atu Ahlussunnah Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau, spoke at the end of the video saying he was happy with the operation.

He said many people thought he was lying when he claimed responsibility for the schoolboys’ abduction. Shekau said he would not add anything since sceptics could now see the boys by themselves.

“Even if I didn’t say anything, here are my people speaking and here are your boys speaking too,” he said.a

It was earlier reported that Boko Haram said it was responsible for the kidnapping, which is the group’s most daring attack outside its stronghold in the Northeast.

The same faction of Boko Haram had in 2014 abducted 276 schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno State. Since then, only 164 have been freed while 112 others remain missing.

To secure the release of some of the schoolgirls, the Nigerian government, complying with the terror group’s demands, secretly paid a ransom of €3 million and released about five imprisoned Boko Haram members.

Following this pattern, it is expected that the group will soon make specific demands for money and ask to swap the abducted students for some of its detained members.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2S0YlKenGE

Click Here To Comment




Piroll
 

Piroll is a prolific writer, social-political commentator, socio-researcher and sports analyst. He holds certificates in media management and data journalism from the Thomas Foundation Institute of Journalism. He works as a f... Read More

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Be first to comment


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Naija News

Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Convoy Of Ruling APC Presidential Aspirant, Kill Three Policemen, Injure Four Others

Victorious

Published

on

NAIJA NEWS: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Convoy Of Ruling APC Presidential Aspirant, Kill Three Policemen, Injure Four Others [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
The Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), formerly known as Jam'at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da'wah wa'l-Jihd, has opened fire on a convoy transporting policemen attached to a yet-to-be-identified presidential aspirant of the ruling All Progressives Congress.According to security officials, the rebels ambushed the convoy on the Maiduguri-Damaturu Road as it was traveling from Abuja to Maiduguri for a presidential campaign.On Sunday, a tragedy occurred in Goni Matari v...
Continue Reading

Naija News

Nigerian Army Commander Who Led Several Operations Against Boko Haram Allegedly Commits Suicide 3 Days To Court-Martial Verdict

Victorious

Published

on

NAIJA NEWS: Nigerian Army Commander Who Led Several Operations Against Boko Haram Allegedly Commits Suicide 3 Days To Court-Martial Verdict [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
The former Battalion Commanding Officer who led the fight against Boko Haram in Northeastern Nigeria, Major U.J. Undianyede, is said to have committed suicide.According to the Daily Trust, the senior military officer killed himself less than 72 hours before the verdict of a court-martial trying him for alleged military infractions during the war against the terrorists.He was said to have killed himself on Monday, on the premises of the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA)...
Continue Reading

Naija News

Multinational forces kill 300 Boko Haram, ISWAP terrorists in Lake Chad

Victorious

Published

on

NAIJA NEWS: Multinational forces kill 300 Boko Haram, ISWAP terrorists in Lake Chad [New Naija News] » Naijacrawl
Photo: Naijacrawl
At least 300 Boko Haram/Islamic State of the West African Province (ISWAP) members have been killed by the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) in Lake Chad.On Saturday, the Chief of Military Public Information, Lt. Col. Kamarudeen Adegoke, published a statement.The terrorists were killed in 30 separate clashes, according to the statement.At a meeting with all MNJTF commanders, Force Commander Gen. Abdul Khalifa spoke.According to Khalifa, the militants' increased...
Continue Reading

Latest


Download Naijacrawl App today

Fastest way to read on the go

Download the Naijacrawl App.