Police App Gets Over 10k Fake Alerts Within 72 hours
Less than four days that The Nigeria Police ‘Rescue Me App’ was launched, the police have received over 10,000 fake emergency alerts in less than 72 hours.
The Acting Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, in a tweet via his Twitter handle on Wednesday made this known.
The Rescue Me App was launched by the police to help citizens in distress to report crimes in their neighbourhoods, with direct access to police helplines.
In his tweet, Adejobi noted that the fake emergency alerts by some citizens prank testing the service had resulted in heavy traffic on the system.
He urged Nigerians to only use the service when in genuine need for the police to be able to help those who are in an emergency.
The FPRO also reaffirmed the app’s usefulness while calling for citizens’ cooperation with the police.
“On our NPF Rescue Me App, we want to urge Nigerians to please stop fake alerts. These are causing more harm to the system and jeopardising it. In the last four days, we have received more than 10,122 fake alerts.
“And that’s why we have heavy traffic on the system, thereby affecting the genuine callers. We have more than 5000 pending or awaiting OTP to proceed on the app; it’s due to this unnecessary heavy traffic on the system.
“We are sure the app is good, efficient and helpful; that’s why we initiated it to improve our security network. Pls, cooperate with us on this,” Adejobi stated.
N-Power: Over 1 Million Youths Applied In 48 Hours; Data is Secured - Says FG
Barely 50 hours after the reopening of the N-power for fresh registration, the ministry in charge confirms that over one million Nigerians have so far enrolled for the N-Power programme.This was made known by the Deputy Director (Information), Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Mrs Rhoda Ishaku Iliya in a statement issued on Sunday evening.The statement read in parts: “In line with the ongoing N-Power Batch C onlin...
I'll end terrorism within 6 months
The Rivers state governor; Nyesom Wike yesterday in Abeokuta during his nationwide consultation said he will end banditry in six months if elected President of Nigeria in the 2023 general election.Mr Wike, a presidential hopeful on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), made the declaration in a press statement issued by Kelvin Ebiri, his Special Adviser on Media in Port Harcourt.Speaking in a meeting at Abeokuta to the party delegates from Ogun, Mr Wik...
El-Rufai Gives Sanusi 2 New Posts Within 24hrs
Barely less than 24 hours that the governor of Kaduna state appointed the dethroned Emir of Kaduna Sanusi Lamido Sanusi ad the Vice Chairman of Kaduna state investment board, the governor has now appointed the dethroned Emir as the Chancellor of Kaduna state university. Sanusi will now succeed the pioneer Chancellor, Tagwai Sambo, the Chief of Moro’a, who was appointed to the role in 2005.The appointment was made public through a statement from the Kaduna Governm...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.