Suarez Terminates Contract With Barca Sets To Join Atletico Madrid
The 33 year old Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez had been expected to leave Barcelona for free and move to Atletico Madrid after the mutual termination of his contract from the club on mutual basis and he has now become a free agent. However, it seems the Catalan giants are now wondering if that’s such a good idea after all.
It will be recalled that reports on Monday from Spain claimed Barcelona and Suarez had come to an agreement to terminate his deal, and the striker had then been in talks with Atleti over a move.
The thing is that Barca had told Suarez not to join one of Europe’s top clubs including Real Madrid, PSG, Manchester City or Manchester United.
Atletico wasn’t on the list but Barca now think it would be a bad idea to hand one of their players to a title rival for free and are probably having David Villa flashbacks.
It’s not clear what happens now. Atletico have pretty much already said goodbye to Alvaro Morata to make room.
The Turin giants all but confirmed the return of the striker late on Monday night.
The current rumors suggests that if Atletico don’t land Suarez they will go for Edinson Cavani instead. The Uruguayan is a free agent after leaving PSG.
Suarez Joins Altetico Madrid With 6 Million Euro
The Catalonia club; FC Barcelona and Atlético Madrid have reached an agreement for the transfer of Luis Suárez. The Madrid club will pay FC Barcelona 6 million euros in variables.The club made this knwn through a press release and the planned farewell program organized for the ace Uruguayan .The statement reads:FC Barcelona would like to publicly express their gratitude to Luis Suárez for his commitment and dedication and wishes him all the best for the future.Meanw...
I Turned Down Barca Offer In Order To Extend Arsenal Contract - Aubamenyang
The Gabonese cum Arsenal captain, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has confirmed that before his contract extension, the Catalonia club; Barcelona is one of the big clubs that were after him but he turned down this summer.Aubameyang ended speculations about his future earlier this month, by signing a new three-year deal with the Gunners.In an interview with Canal+, the 31-year-old said he was persuaded to stay by manager Mikel Arteta and the fans.It will be noted that Auba...
Transfer: World-class players eager to join Barca – Laporta lists targets
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has listed the players the club will be signing this summer.He said surely the club would sign a full-back, a center-back, and a striker.He boasted that world-class players still want to join the Catalan club, and this summer will be an example of that.Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is said to be very close to joining after agreeing to a deal and moving on a free transfer.Laporta told SPORT that world-class players are pri...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.